Friday, September 23, 2011

Scrapbook Paper Invitations


 My 40th birthday is coming up and my husband asked if I wanted a party. How could I say no? I think it will be fun to plan my own party. I saw an idea for a grown up ice cream social in Better Homes and Gardens. I loved their ideas for vintage decor and a make-your-own sundae. Except, my true love is cupcakes... So, we came up with a make-your-own cupcake & wine tasting party.

For invitations, I found some specialty scrapbook paper in a pink pattern, and a cupcake hole punch. I found some wording for a dessert party that I liked. Then, I created a word document and printed it onto card stock. I trimmed the card stock slightly smaller than the pink paper to create a border and used the cupcake hole punch. I found some 4x6 envelopes that I already had, and sized the invitations accordingly. A little glue stick and voila! I love how these came out! I even saved the punched out cupcakes to use as confetti or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment